Sign up for the 2014 Young Worker Conference!
Sign ups are open for the 2014 IATSE Young Workers Conference, which will be held in Portland, Oregon, on October 2-4, 2014! Click here to sign up for the 2014 Conference.
Before you book travel or lodging, all young worker attendees must be sponsored by their Local Executive Board to attend. Please be advised that attendance will be limited to two attendees per local. Spaces are limited to a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Pre-approval letters: All young worker Conference attendees must be sponsored by at least one Local Union officer by submitting a letter for pre-approval. Click here for a sample pre-approval letter.
- Application Deadline: The application cut-off date is end-of-day Monday, September 1, 2014.
- Reimbursement: The International will reimburse lodging for approved attendees for the two nights of the Conference. Travel, food, and other costs will be at the cost of the attendee or his/her Local Union. Reimbursement instructions will be provided at the Conference, and reimbursement will be provided after the Conference is completed.
The IATSE Young Workers Committee
The International Alliance of Theatrical and Stage Employees represents a wide variety of trades and crafts in the entertainment industry with a membership as wide and varied. Inspired by a growing push to engage young union members across North America, the IATSE Young Workers was formed January 2012 to identify young leaders and give our young union members a greater understanding of the responsibilities of leadership.
Appointed by President Loeb and recruited through the membership, the Young Workers Committee is the core group of members behind the Young Workers initiatives, including the first-ever Young Worker Conferences in fall 2012. The Conferences had a rigorous education schedule aimed at empowering young leaders in their local unions and on the jobsite or workplace.
The IATSE YWC will work with this mission and three goals always in mind:
1. Be part of something bigger.
2. Teach practical leadership skills.
3. Identify young leaders.
If locals or members are interested in further activities of the Young Workers Committee, they can sign up for the mailing list at ywc [at] iatse.net and follow them at: www.facebook.com/groups/iatseywc and @iatseywc