Join Us in Solidarity!
The IATSE-PAC has been launched as a way for the IATSE to stand up to the recent attacks on our members from anti-worker politicians. The IATSE believes that we must stand up to these attacks and ramp up our voice in politics through waging this campaign. The mission of the PAC is to fight politicians and policies that do not benefit our members.
The IATSE, along with every other union and guild across the country, has come under recent attacks. Everywhere from Madison, Wisconsin to Washington, DC, anti-worker politicians are trying to silence the voices of American workers by taking away their collective bargaining rights, stripping their healthcare coverage, and doing away with defined pension plans.
The three suggested levels of giving are:
PRESIDENT’S CLUB: To join, give $40 a month and get a complimentary IATSE-PAC cap.
LEADER’S CLUB: To join, give $20 a month and get a complimentary IATSE-PAC T-Shirt.
ACTIVIST'S CLUB: To join, give $10 a month and get a complimentary IATSE-PAC lapel pin.
The following are the rules for solicitations for contributions to the PAC. These rules must be displayed, posted, or otherwise noted whenever contributions are solicited as noted above.
- The signing of an authorization card and the making of contributions to the IATSE-PAC are not conditions of membership in the union nor of employment with the Company and you may refuse to do so without fear of reprisal.
- You are making a contribution to fund-raising efforts sponsored by the IATSE-PAC and the IATSE- PAC will use your contributions for political purposes, including but not limited to, the making of contributions to or expenditures on behalf of candidates for federal office, and addressing political issues of public importance.
- Federal law requires the IATSE-PAC to use its best efforts to collect and report the name, mailing address, occupation and the name of employer of individuals whose contributions exceed $200 in a calendar year.
- Contributions or gifts to the IATSE-PAC are not deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes.
- Any contribution guideline is merely a suggestion and you may contribute more, less, or nothing at all without favor or disadvantage from IATSE.
- The IATSE-PAC is unable to accept monies from Canadian members of the IATSE.